Wednesday, March 26, 2008
The Easter Bunny Visits the E.R.
We spent our "Easter Eve" in the E.R. We had all three kids there, as Austin had opened a full bottle of children's Tylenol and I discovered it empty, and we weren't sure which one of them had ingested it! I came down with a bladder infection Friday afternoon, and haven't been feeling well, so I went to lay down for a little bit Saturday afternoon (Keith was gone with the scouts), and shortly after I woke up, I discovered the empty bottle. Austin, the stinker, knows how to open child proof caps. He kept telling me his sister drank it, so we called poison control and they said to take her to the hospital, because if she had drank almost the whole bottle, it could be toxic. So, we took them in for blood work, and Tyler and Anne Elyse's results came back with "therapeutic levels" (non-toxic). So then I'm thinking, well where did it all go then? So I ask Austin again if he drank any and then he admits he did. So then we do a blood test on him, and his level came back the highest, although non-toxic. I didn't realize it, but overdosing on Tylenol can be deadly. The doc assured us we did the right thing in taking them in, as you can not show symptoms for 2-3 days afterwards, but once you do, you're pretty much dead. The "Easter Bunny" was at the E.R. and they all got baskets with coloring books, crayons, and a toy, although Austin was more interested in all the happenings of the E.R. especially the crazy drunk lady smeared in blood going crazy in the hallway! We got home really late Saturday, so I let Keith and the kids sleep in, and I got up and went to church (our sacrament meeting is at 9 a.m.) It was kind of a nice treat to enjoy church without three kids climbing all over me. I guess we were lucky the only damage done was to the checkbook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That's awful! I'm glad everyone is alright.
that is sure an easter to remember. i'm glad that all your kids are ok.
Hey! So glad to hear from you and that everyone is alright. Maybe this will inspire Austin to have a career in medicine? Love you blog and your family is beautiful!
Glad to hear everyone is okay. Sometimes I wonder how mothers survive.
LOL - the drunk lady smeared in blood in the hall huh? i can just imgaine the look on his face! im glad the only damage done was to the check book - and that it wasnt as bad as it could have been! maybe you'll have to get a big ol gun sage for EVERYTHING not just keys, wallets and cell phones :)
Hello Katrina. I am not sure if you would remember me from a long time ago in the Brighton ward. I interpreted. I remember once you lent me a book on Church history- the Willie Hand Cart Co.
I was referred here my Deborah.
Anywhoo. I LOVE your blog. I think we have boys that could be great friends if you were in NY still. We are, at times, living parallel lives; naked loving boys, ER visits and all. You are doing great!!!!
Wow! That's good to know. I'm sure I'll deal with something like that at some point too. Don't you just love the ER?! Glad everyone's okay!
So glad everyone is okay! Scary stuff! Aunt Julie says the two girls in the family both got new haircuts! Can't wait to hear about them...Smile!
Post a Comment