I'm staying up way too late writing this post, but I'm in the Christmas decorating mood today - was out traipsing through the grove of cedar trees behind our house getting all my trimmings and got the mantle and piano done. The kids and I also hauled ourselves down to Home Depot in the monster truck (Daddy's truck) and got the tree. I know that sounds so nostalgic, but I figured with Keith's schedule this week and a big test he has on Saturday, Farmer Brown's Christmas Tree Farm wasn't going to happen this year if I ever wanted a tree up anytime soon.
So, gotta decorate the blog too, right? I came across this fun picture of Austin on his first Christmas. What a cutie pie. Man, that was back in the day when I thought being a mom was a challenge..sheesh, those were the easy times! Tonight Austin wanted to be carried up to bed, which I did, all almost 60 pounds of him. I told him it was hard to believe he used to be 6 lbs. 15 ounces!
8 comments:
LOL 60lbs?! thats quite the workout! i would have said tough nuts, get a hiking buddy!
we went with a fake tree. im so anti fake trees but im all about whats easier and this was the easier route for me. it looks real...
i think we are going to take Issac to see santa next weekend. so far he likes christmas songs better than nursery rhymes, just if mommy could remember the words!!!
He's always been such a cute kid. It's hard to believe he's 60 lbs already! They grow up way too fast!
I love to watch my kids sleep. It always seems like they grow as you watch too. You've been working out girl! I love that picture. Don't you wish you could be like that Brad Paisley song and tell your younger self all the things not to miss or stress over!
He''s so cute! Great picture!
Katrina,
I know you are not sending Christmas cards but I'd like to send you one. May I please have your address? cmendiola2000@yahoo.com
Great picture
There's something about picking upa 60 pound baby that makes ya want to hold them even tighter! Merry Christmas!
I hear you about the cards, but I'll miss getting yours, even with the blog! We're listing our house this week so we'll see what happens. I'm not too optimistic. We need to find a house in MN, and we qualify for less because of the bank situation, which is kind of nuts. Hope that you have a great Christmas!
Merry Christmas! Austin's little face looks exactly the same as he does now.
Post a Comment