Monday, October 4, 2010

Austin's Baptism


Austin was baptized over Labor Day weekend in September. It turned out to be a great day with family and friends, and Austin did a great job. He seemed very happy that day. I admit I was a bit nervous how things were going to go, because he's the type of kid that can sometimes freak out about stuff, especially when it comes to clothes not fitting just right, so we had several talks about the white jumpsuit he was going to wear and that it's "O.K. if it's a little itchy or it doesn't come down to your ankles." :)

We ended up doing his baptism with our stake, and there were about 6 little boys scheduled to be baptized that day, but only 2 showed up, including us. Bizarre, huh? It was great for us though, because it made it a little more intimate.

I didn't get a picture of everybody who was there, but it was Papa & Grandma, Auntie Eleasa & Uncle Donavon, Uncle Ryan & Auntie Stevie, Grandma Henderson, Uncle Kyle & Auntie Lindsey, Uncle Patrick & Auntie Sara, my good friend Stephanie and her family (who drove up from Vancouver - bless their hearts)!, Brother Malloy, and Sister Pugmire.

We had a pizza party (Austin's request) at the house afterwards.

Daddy baptized and confirmed him.

Our family...love this picture, except we're all a little squinty, because it was so bright out.

Just the other day when Ouma was here visiting, she gave Austin a special baptism book. Can't wait to fill it out, so we can remember this special day!

1 comment:

Jack Fuller said...

I'm so glad you got some pictures because afterwards everybody bogalooed...I have one of austin alone in front of the same place I will send you.