Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tyler is FIVE


We celebrated Tyler's birthday the day before Halloween this year and headed up to the MLT pool for swimming with the family. Afterwards, we had cake and ice cream at Papa and Grandma's house. Tyler requested a "Yo Gabba Gabba" cake, so I came up with this Brobee cake, a character from the show. The rainbow cake looked really awesome, but it tasted pretty disgusting!
Tyler's nickname used to be Ty Ty the nice guy; however, this past year, I must say he's come to the "dark side," as I call it, asserting his independence and will over his parents. He's just been a little late in joining forces with his brother and sister. Even still, he does have a sweet, sensitive spirit and can be found doing a kind deed for his family members. He started preschool this year, and his teacher tells me she has quite a few rowdy boys in her class but that Tyler is a "very good and polite little boy." I still cannot get enough of those big, brown eyes and blond hair. He is just such a cute little guy.




Some of his favorite things to do:
read books
go to the movie theatre
do video games on the computer
wrestle with his dog Ruger
run around outside (without shoes or a coat on - it's impossible to keep shoes on him, especially in the summer)!
make Tori laugh (or cry, depending upon his mood)

Things we may laugh about when he's 16:

He has an imaginary friend named Randy. :)
If you're not a member of our immediate family, and you try to discipline him, he will say you are "being wude (rude)," but if you are mom or dad, he will say with a scowly look on his face, "Why you don't wuv (love) me?" and "I'm not gonna wuv you anymore."

Like I said, he can be sensitive, and here's a cute little story his teacher told me: She said Tyler had pushed one of the other little boys on the playground, and so she approached him and told him that we don't push at school, etc. She said she wasn't stern with him at all, but he did apologize to the boy and then sulked away and sat by himself on the see-saw. She said a few minutes later, she looked again, and he was sobbing his eyes out on the see-saw. Poor little guy. I said, "Well, that explains to me why he said this morning, "Ms. Piggy (it's Ms. Peggy but he sounds like he's saying otherwise) is WUDE!

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

another cute cake-
what a sweet boy! sounds like my maddy- with her- tears are always so close to the surface!

Anonymous said...

He is a very handsome little boy. It is nice to hear he has a sensitive side too. I love your new blog template. So festive. : )