
O.K., one more post today. I wanted to share the recipe for this Maple Frosting. If you like Maple Bar donuts, you'll really like this cake. Simply make a yellow cake from the box (I like Better Crocker plain ol' yellow vs. the "Butter Recipe" yellow).
We made this for FHE last night, and it's one of our family's favorites. Ironically, as a kid, I can remember not liking this too much. Who knows why, but now I love it. I remember that it was my brother's favorite cake, and my mom made it a lot, so I probably just felt the need to be oppositional. :) The recipe comes from my Grandma, and I'm not sure who she got it from.
Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
powdered sugar
Melt butter in a sauce pan on the stove, once melted, add the brown sugar. Bring to a boil on low heat (the key is low heat...don't get it on too much of a rolling boil). Stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add milk, stir until it comes to a boil again. Cool awhile and then add powdered sugar until it's a good consistency (at least 1 cup +). I use my hand mixer or you could use the KitchenAid. If you stir in the sugar by hand it will be really hard to incorporate all the powdered sugar, and it might turn out lumpy.
1 comment:
ahhh I remember mom used to make this. I had forgotten about it! I might have to give it a whirl.
Post a Comment