Monday, July 14, 2008

Best $8 I've Spent This Summer


The kids love making our own popsicles and it sure is a lot cheaper (and tastier) than the store-bought ones. For FHE tonight we are trying a smoothie version - yogurt, O.J., and fruit mixed in the blender and then poured into the molds. I got these molds at Target for a little less than $4 each. Hint: if you fill with white grape juice or apple juice it's less mess than all of those brightly colored ones you get at the store. I used to buy these popsicles at Wegmans that are different flavors but all white, so less mess but I haven't been able to find them out here, so we've made our own version. Anyway, kind of a random post for today...just thought I'd share one of our simple pleasures of summer!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I need to try those out! Annie goes through more popscicles that any one I know.

carla said...

I love your new background. Just wanted to say hello!

britni jean said...

thank you for sharing! i like the white grape juice/apple juice idea. i will have to try it. i bet they are better for you too, than regular popsicles!

Jaime said...

Awesome! LOVE your new blog!

Meagan said...

That's a genius idea! I'm totally going to buy some at Target. Save all of Alec's t-shirts that keep getting popsicle drips down the front of them!

Alisha said...

I love these things. I like to use the V8 Fusion Juice because then the girls don't know they are getting anything healthy.

Jenni said...

Reading your Blog I remembered that I have some of those popsicle things. Last time I made a smoothy we put the extra (cause I never can make a small batch) in them. We had them the other day and they were just wonderful. Yummy and nutritious - it doesn't get any better than that.

Shannon said...

It was fun to see your blog, your kids are so cute. Let's keep up in blogging world.

Becky said...

When we were driving through Rochester I thought how funny it would be if I could remember your old address and plug it into the gps... of course I couldn't remember it, but it was the next best thing I could think cuz you weren't there!