Thursday, July 31, 2008

Birthday Boy!

We celebrated Austin's birthday on Sunday with family. (You'll have to click on the image to read the text...sorry I am kind of new to this digital scrapbooking thing).

While making this page, I thought about "our song" by Celine Dion, A New Day. We didn't have an easy time getting pregnant with Austin, so it was a lot of waiting, wondering, and wishing. This song came out when he was a baby, and I instantly fell in love with it! I cry almost everytime I hear it. Listen to the words, and you'll know just how happy we were to have this "new son" in our lives. We love you much, Boo.

6 comments:

Alisha said...

Happy Birtday Austin! Love the song, it made me cry just thinking of you. I never would have looked at it like that but you right it totally fits.

Rachael Case said...

Celine Dion wrote that song right after she had her baby boy, it's such a sweet song.
Happy Birthday Austin! I can't believe he's 6, he had just barely turned 2 I think when I watched your kids for you.

Heidi said...

Wow, we're not the only ones with that song! We fell in love with it when we were waiting to adopt Maddie. It always made me cry after we got her! How did you do your picture posts, do you have photoshop?

Becky said...

Isn't it crazy to have a 6 year old? Looks like a fun b-day party! I love this age, Eth just lost a front top tooth and he looks like SUCH a 6 year old.

carla said...

Happy Birthday Austin!!! Have a wonderful year.

Katrina said...

Well, I'm not sure what the protocol is for "replying" to a blogger's question...So, to answer your question Heidi, I use GIMP (not photoshop). It's a free software you can download online and it pretty much does all the same stuff you can do wtih photoshop. It was a little tricky to learn how to use at first (and I'm still learning), but hey it doesn't cost $800!