In a 24-hour period Tyler has: climbed our 6 ft. fence, thrown a major tantrum at the grocery store, stripped nude at the park, dumped Hershey's syrup all over the kitchen, and fallen out of the upstairs bedroom window onto the roof! Now, having said all of this you wouldn't believe me when I say he really is a sweet little guy and usually my most well-behaved child. I hope this is just a little phase we're going through.
Yesterday I was trying to tackle this upstairs:

I had made about this much progress:


And the scariest of all, we were getting the kids ready for bed last night, and the bedroom windows were open because it had been warm (and our STUPID windows do not lock). One minute he was playing on Austin's bed, which is up against the window, and the next he had fallen through the screen onto the roof. For a split second I had visions of a life flight to Haborview (trauma unit in Seattle). I ran to the window, Keith ran downstairs, thinking he had fallen to the driveway below. THANK GOODNESS he had caught himself and was there on the roof. I lept out the window onto the roof and grabbed him so quick, I think I gave him more scratches and bruises getting him inside. It could have so easily turned into a major tragedy, as you can see there is not that much "roof" until he could've hit the driveway below:

Needless to say, all of the windows in the upstairs are now screwed shut, which also presents a fire hazard, but I think my chances of a child falling out of a window are far greater at this point than our house burning down. We do not have a/c (nobody does, you don't really need it around here in the summer), so I guess we will just have to make do with fans. Whoever manufactured those windows is lame. Who makes a window that doesn't lock?
I am so grateful he is O.K. He does have one more scar he will add to his sweet little face:
Oh, and of course, we have an appointment to get the kids picture taken on Friday. Go figure...
Yesterday I was trying to tackle this upstairs:

I had made about this much progress:

And this is the progress he had made downstairs (look at that face. Oh, and he was poopy here too):

And the scariest of all, we were getting the kids ready for bed last night, and the bedroom windows were open because it had been warm (and our STUPID windows do not lock). One minute he was playing on Austin's bed, which is up against the window, and the next he had fallen through the screen onto the roof. For a split second I had visions of a life flight to Haborview (trauma unit in Seattle). I ran to the window, Keith ran downstairs, thinking he had fallen to the driveway below. THANK GOODNESS he had caught himself and was there on the roof. I lept out the window onto the roof and grabbed him so quick, I think I gave him more scratches and bruises getting him inside. It could have so easily turned into a major tragedy, as you can see there is not that much "roof" until he could've hit the driveway below:

Needless to say, all of the windows in the upstairs are now screwed shut, which also presents a fire hazard, but I think my chances of a child falling out of a window are far greater at this point than our house burning down. We do not have a/c (nobody does, you don't really need it around here in the summer), so I guess we will just have to make do with fans. Whoever manufactured those windows is lame. Who makes a window that doesn't lock?
I am so grateful he is O.K. He does have one more scar he will add to his sweet little face:
Oh, and of course, we have an appointment to get the kids picture taken on Friday. Go figure...All said and done: my laundry pile is now twice as high and I probably have twice as many grey hairs!
7 comments:
OMG I would have majorly freaked out and been hysterical. What kind of windows dont lock?!?! I'm with you I'd rather take my chances and screw the windows shut! Do you still have any of those AC window units? I bet mom is thrilled its just in time for his pictures.
We do have the window a/c units, but they wouldn't really work with these type of windows unless we used a board or something...that would look attractive. Anyhow, yeah, I called Yuen Lui to see if they could digitally touch up Tyler's boo boo and they said yes, cuz I told mom and she was like "Ahhh the picture!"
I am so glad he is okay! What a crazy 24 hours. Definately one of those that you will never forget! You wonder what is going through their little minds as they lay in bed after a day like that! I hope things calm down a little for you. I loved the pictures of the laundry room...I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that gets a little behind in laundry! Tyler sure is a cutie even with the boo boo. Good luck with the pictures. Our moms sure are alike...
I feel your pain! I let Jayden read this post because the girls are always jumping near a window just like this. We don't have A/C either. I'm glad he is okay. As for the pictures, at least you'll always remember the story :)
I just kept gasping all the way through this! So glad he's okay with one little scratch- thankful, thankful!
He must have had some special protection from heaven that day(after a day like that my kid might need protection from me!) Sooo glad he's ok!!
Oh my gosh! That sounds like something Austin would have done. Glad he's ok.
Post a Comment