We had a party complete with fresh, homemade salsa, chimichangas, and chocolate peanut butter cheesecake.
Here's the recipe if you want to try it. If you like cheesecake, it's pretty darn good!
Preheat oven 325 degrees.
Layer a 9" spring form pan with parchment paper (I guess you don't have to use a spring form pan, you could use a 9x13 if you wanted to). Either way, layer with parchment paper, and spray the pan with Pam first to get the paper to stick.
For the Crust:
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 c. Oreo crumbs
1 stick melted butter
Mix together and then press on the bottom and up the sides of the pan, bake 5 min. then cool.
Filling:
4- 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/3 c. half and half
1 tsp. vanilla
Before you even start, have the filling ingredients at room temp! This is important, because it prevents lumps. I used my Kitchen Aid with the paddle instead of the whisk, so it was a little "heavier" feeling after being cooked. Although the friend whom I got this recipe from used a whisk, and it was more "airy." Just your personal preference, I guess. Beat the cream cheese, add sugar a little at a time while the mixer is going at med-low speed, drop an egg in one at a time, incorporating before you add another. Add the sour cream, half and half, and vanilla.
Peanut butter caramel layer:
One can sweetened condensed milk
1/2- 3/4 c. peanut butter
Mix after heating in microwave for up to a minute, just warm enough to be able to incorporate together. Some of this can be used for garnish.
Chocolate layer:
one can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup choc. chips
1 cube butter
Melt in microwave at 30 second intervals stirring each time until warm enough to incorporate together. Some of this sauce can be used for garnish.
After the crust is done baking, I poured the peanut butter sauce over the crust, leaving out 1/4 - 1/2 c. to be used for the garnish. Then I took out a little over 1 c. of the cream cheese filling and mixed it with the chocolate sauce until it tasted chocolaty....sorry I don't have a measurement. At this point, you could also add bits of Reese’s peanut butter cups and Butterfinger crushed up to the choc mixture (I didn't do this). Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter mixture. Then pour rest of the cream cheese filling over the choc mixture (filling will go up clear to the top of the pan almost- it is OK). Bake in center of oven at 325 for 1 hour. If the top is getting brown, turn the oven off. Turn oven off and leave in oven 1-4 hours to finish. Refrigerate over night before serving. Serves 12-16 people. Garnish the top with your leftover peanut butter and chocolate sauce. Add crushed Reese’s peanut butter cups and Butterfingers to the top.
7 comments:
yummy!! that looks super delicious. your mom is so young. happy birthday to both of them.
Dude! That looks so freakin' good! I want some! :) Hope it was a fun par-tay! xo
you forgot the pig poo :)
ps, you are a lot nicer than me. i would have put all 83 candles on there (or at least all 50). and what happened to the booze picture? no booze picture?
Happy Birthday to all! I'm so hungry now because I've had that delicious dinner, minus the cheesecake. I can't wait to try it. It's not really going to help the marathon training.
That looks so good... and lots of work! Happy b-day Keith and Joan!
83 years? Wow, that's impressive. My mouth is just watering looking at that cake. My birthday is August 10 if you want to make one for me too :)
Post a Comment