I had my 32nd birthday on the 21st and Anne Elyse turned 5 on the 25th! I had a fun day of getting my hair done and my mom and dad taking me to dinner at La Palmera (Keith had school that night). I also had quite a few birthday wishes, cards and packages in the mail, and flowers from Keith. Then Saturday night we went with my parents and my brother and sister-in-law to my favorite Chinese place, Perry Ko's in Bellevue and stuffed ourselves with deliciousness, including CHOCOLATE cake!
On Memorial Day we celebrated Anne Elyse's birthday and took my parent's boat out on Lake Stevens, did some tubing, and had a BBQ at our house afterwards. The weather was perfect!
Here are some things to help us remember what Anne Elyse was like at age 5 (she is growing up so quickly, I can't believe she's going to be in kindergarten this Fall)!
Favorite Food: pizza, lasagna, and not much else besides plain pasta, plain rice, or goldfish crackers.
Treat: Starbursts!
Color: pink and purple
Here are some things you love: preschool, friends, artwork and coloring, singing and dancing, riding your bike, playing outside, and Disney princesses.
You have a lot of energy most of the time, but you are a sweet and obedient girl (more at school and church when it counts than for mommy sometimes - smile)! You can be emotional and sensitive sometimes, which can be trying for mommy and daddy, but when I came across this quote from President Hinckley the other day, it made me think of you, and you truly are a lovely little girl:
"Is there anything more beautiful, anything that speaks more of divinity than a lovely little girl? I have little great-granddaughters, bright-eyed and beautiful, who sing and smile and touch my heart with thoughts of heaven. When I see them in their innocence, I recall the words of the Lord, "Except ye...become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
***Don't forget to vote on whether you think we're having a boy or girl! My ultrasound is scheduled for June 12!
5 comments:
she's beautiful!! happy birthday to her. i hope you have another little girl. :)
How fun! Happy double b-days! I am so excited that JK's b-day is close to mine. Love the pictures, she is a beautiful girl! Oh, I also vote for a girl. balance out your numbers :)
I hope you get another girl! Happy Birthday...to the two beautiful girls!
That tube is HUGE! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend! I really wish we could have been around! Love those pics of Anne Elyse! She kind of looks a little bit like Makayla in that one picture!
So that last picture of Anne Elyse looks so much like Aunty Karen! I swear Ive seen a picture of Aunty Karen in that exact pose somewhere. I'm voting for girl btw!
Post a Comment