The appraisal came in on the house, and it looks like we are good to go. Our closing date keeps getting pushed up - now it's April 9. There's no way I'll be ready to move in next weekend, so we'll probably do a big move on Saturday, the 17th. We are excited but nervous, since it's a new area with new schools, a new ward and all the adjustments that will come with that.
Also, you probably won't see too much blogging from me in the next month, not just because I'll be busy packing and unpacking, but because they won't be bringing broadband to the boonies anytime soon. I'm a little stressed about our internet connection up at the new house (DSL is not an option), but we do know that the 3G internet on Keith's phone works up there, so I'll at least be able to keep up with facebook, etc. We will probably end up getting a laptop since we need a new computer anyway, and I guess you can use your 3G phone as a "modem." Other than that, it would have to be satellite internet, which I've heard is worse than dial-up. :)
Next post will probably be pictures of the new place!
2 comments:
Ok - we have the same problem but have internet. there isnt any cable lines out here so we HAVE to have satellite tv - however 3G is SLOW sister. I got a criket broadband card and used it for the 2 day trial then took it back. Its slower than dial up on a lap top. On a phone its fine. Dont waste your bucks on a 3G card for your computer. We have 'satellite' internet. There is a tower over on the hill and it broadcasts a wireless signal and we have a 12" pole on top of our garage that picks up the signal then a wire is connected to that, that travels to the house and its hooked up to my router. i have vonage for a phone and to get vonage you have to have cable or DSL - but it acts like it - its just a broadcast signal. I'd look into it. there are a few companies down here that offer it but I think they are pretty local/state only. I'd check it out. I pay $35 a month for internet and $26 for phone. or ask the people you are buying from what they did.
I hope you get it figured out. Your is one of my favorite blogs...Great post, can't believe Tori is 5months, boy time flies. Jules
Post a Comment