Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Girl @ 6 Months

Tori was 6 months old on May 1. She started sitting up on her own just a couple of days before that. She's a pretty happy girl and is only fussy for a reason - hungry, poopy, tired, etc. Here's what she's looking like now:



We are getting settled into our new house, although poor Keith has pretty much been still living at our Lake Stevens house trying to get the rest of the garage crap out of there (although depending who you ask it's not crap it's "very important tools and things" ;) He's also been working hard getting the house whipped back into shape - replacing the boys' bedroom door, patching a couple of holes in the walls, painting, repairing damaged tile, etc., so we can get our $1,500 security deposit back. All of this is trying to be done working the night shift, taking evening classes at school 2 nights a week, and trying to catch a few hours of shut-eye during the day. The kids' behavior here at home this last week has been horrendous. I'm guessing it's all the changes going on, dad not being here; however, today they have been really great, and wouldn't you know it the sun is shining and it's the first beautiful day we've had in a long time, so I think everybody has a little "sunshine in the soul today!"

I am feeling a lot less like I've moved to Hickville now that I have a phone that works and INTERNET. The kids have two new little friends that live next door that they've been getting a long great with, school has gone pretty good, and Mt. Rainier made an appearance just for me last night. I hadn't seen it since moving here, because it's been covered in clouds. I couldn't even remember exactly where it was located, and it is a gorgeous sight to behold! I promise pictures are coming soon. I'm just a little too prideful to post pictures of a messy house, and that is exactly what it is right now. :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe she's 6 months already! I feel like you should still be pregnant! Ha-ha~ Time flies. It's funny how it's okay for your own kids to grow...but everyone else's should stay just the way you remember them! She is beautiful. Congrats on the house~!

Heidi said...

Those are some GREAT pictures! She is such a cutie. Glad to see Hannah isn't the only bald little girl out there :).

Momma Strain said...

Ha! Well I guess we do have the same blog :) I told Issac baby Tori can sit up by herself and he started clapping! He's currently sitting on my one arm holding it down, and this is really hard to type LOL. but he liked the pictures of Tori, he kept pointing to them