Monday, May 24, 2010

Home Sweet Home: Part I

I decided to just post a few pictures at a time, because I only seem to get a chance to do blogging late at night when the kids are in bed. I have to make sure I leave time to make that chocolate milkshake I've been craving all day and get in a little "r&r" in front of the boob tube before it gets past my bedtime! :) Not to mention my house is rarely all clean all at once, and you know I refuse to post pictures of a messy house, because I want you all to believe it always looks this way - yeah, right!

Here's the girls' room:
I'm really loving how much natural light this house has, but I was worried that it might feel kind of small - it's only 2,000 sq. ft., about 800 square feet less than our old house, but with the 10 ft. ceilings downstairs and the cathedral ceilings in the upstairs bedrooms, it feels really roomy and so far hasn't felt small to me. There's currently no garage built, which is good and bad. Bad, because of all people to NOT have a garage, we should not be without. Keith has a lot of tools from when he was in business for himself, and well, we (HE) just has a lot of stuff. The good part though is we can design and build the garage we want, and we'll also add a mud room and bonus room. That will give us some extra square footage down the road.


But with 1-1/2 acres, the kids definitely have room to run around outside.

(The backyard). Our property ends just past the tree line. We're moving our two horses Buddy and Lacy down next weekend, but we still have to install a section of electric fence and build a little shelter for them first.


This is looking over to the neighbor's yard. Eventually we want to build a pole barn just like this. Isn't it cool? I guess you can't really see it that great from the picture, but it has a cupola at the top and a cute little chicken coop off the back. I really enjoying watching the hens and rooster in the field while I do my dishes in the morning.

This is looking out the front door. The neighbors have a pond across the street that is run-off from their artesian well (natural spring). Ruger has gone swimming in there once, and the kids too (with life jackets and mom's supervision of course). We've stressed to the kids that they are never, ever to go over there without mom and dad, but thank goodness it's sectioned off by electric fence and so far no issues.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

LOVE your new place!

Brandi said...

Looks like a great house! Keep posting more pics. I had NO idea you had horses! When did you become such a country girl?!

WendyJ said...

You're definitely not a city girl anymore. Looks wonderful!!!

Momma Strain said...

Cant wait to come visit! I did the same thing with mine, take pictures room by room, on different days! HA! My upstairs generally stays pretty clean but we're not usually up there a whole lot. its the kitchen and family room that look like a bomb went off!