Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Break

Our spring break started off Monday morning with a lot of fighting, screaming children, and one phone call to poison control. I was downstairs dealing with an outburst from Austin (I can't even remember what it was about now), and Tori was upstairs eating the melatonin like it was candy! Luckily, the only harm done was an early nap for her. Also, luckily, things did improve!

Since I knew I was leaving for Salt Lake City Friday morning, I wanted to make sure we did some fun things, and we did! On Monday we went to the Bounce House at the Supermall. Tuesday, we took a road trip to Sequim to visit Great Grandma Henderson. We got lucky on the weather. Even though it was cool, the sun was out. When we got there Anne Elyse and Tyler went frog hunting. Then we went to two different parks, one I had never been to that was basically a walking/biking trail that has a very cool bridge which crosses over the Dungeness River (I was so mad I didn't have my camera with me)! Grams treated us to McD's, then we rented some movies, watched one at her house, and then hit the road back home so that we could be up the next day to meet my good friend Stephanie and her four kids at NW Trek. We also got pretty lucky on the weather there. While we took the 50 minute tram ride, it actually snowed, but afterwards when we were outside the sun tried to peak out, but it was COLD. We left before they did, because Tori was in meltdown mode from lack of a nap, as evidenced in the picture. Steph lives in Vancouver, so I don't get to see her that often, and I was bummed we couldn't stay longer. Always good to meet up with her though, even if it was short.

No comments: