Friday, May 6, 2011

18 Months!



What I'd like to remember about Tori right now:


* She sounds like the seagulls on Finding Nemo that say, "mine, mine, mine, mine" over and over, only she goes, "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom." It is cute but it can drive me a bit crazy. She is a mommy monster, still.

* I think she's going to be easy to potty train. When she has to poop, she goes into the bathroom, stands next to the toilet, does her business in her diaper, and then flushes the toilet when she's done! Beware though, she's a diaper digger. I have to keep a onesie on her, and even then she will sometimes let you know she has "poos" by showing you what's on her fingers - yuck!!!

* She is just starting to put two words together, like today she said, "Uh oh, Dad," when Keith dropped something.

* She LOVES to be outside, even if it is raining (which I am not so fond of). She has figured out how to open the front door, so I have to be careful to keep it locked.

* I am worried about what I will do when she no longer has chubby legs and cheeks to kiss. I am really enjoying the "babyness" of her still, even though she is more of a toddler now.

* She does NOT like to have her hair done. I can't put barrettes in or headbands on, because she yanks them out. The only thing I can do is pig tails in tight rubberbands that she can't so easily pull out.

* She is busy. She will sit and watch a cartoon for about 15-20 minutes when I need to get something done, but other than that, she is constantly on the go.

* She's a gadget girl. Obsessed with anything with buttons and especially Tyler's iXL.

* I've started calling her bunny. I don't know why, but it fits!

* She loves her bath right now, so much that every time I change her diaper, it's, "bath, bath, bath?" Then it becomes a power struggle to get her clothes back on, and if it's near bedtime, you can forget it, it's just easier to give in to the bath than to try and dress her while she's screaming and fighting.

1 comment:

Momma Strain said...

I used to think Issac sounded like the seagulls too, he's finally laid off the "mom, mom, mom, mom..." business though. ;)