Mother's Day was low-key this year. Keith was still recovering from his knee surgery, so I took the kids to church with me while Keith stayed home (with Tori too since she was sick). I always enjoy seeing the kids get up front in church and sing their little songs. Even Austin went up this year! He said, "Do I have to sing?" I said, "No, you don't HAVE to." I guess that was good enough for him, because he decided to go up. From the start of his primary career, he has refused to go up front. I've long gotten over getting my feelings hurt over that. On the other hand, Anne Elyse loves to go up and Tyler likes to sing his little heart out.
Keith got me a hydrangea plant, and the kids made me some homemade cards and gifts. Anne Elyse's school had put together some cute artwork in a book for the moms. Both Anne Elyse and Tyler filled out a little survey in primary about their moms. Tyler guessed my age to be 18 and both of them said, "My mom is pretty because: she has pretty eyes." Austin also made a cute painting at school for me.
We made flank steak, baked potatoes, salad, and corn on the cob for dinner. I even got a nap and a foot massage by Tyler!
2 comments:
I prefer low-key Mother's Days. SOund like it was a good one!
xXOO Rachel
woowee! 18! Aging well then! ;)
Post a Comment