I had a good birthday this year. My parents came down on Thursday, because they were going to be out of town over the weekend. We went to dinner at the mexi place in town, then came back to the house and had yummy chocolate cake with mint buttercream icing from the Orting bakery. It also happened to be beautiful weather - sunny and about 70.
So, this isn't the best picture of me, I look like I'm halfway between having my eyes open or closed, but oh, well. I don't often get anybody else using my camera to take pictures of me - I'm always the one taking the pictures of everybody else! My hair is also looking horrible, but I will put my vanity aside for posterity's sake. :)

My dad made me an awesome birdhouse. I love it. (I will post a picture of it later). My mom gave me $ to get flowers for the yard and to get my hair done. I told her I was feeling like an old hag with all my gray hairs, and she said, "Well, you can't feel like an old hag on your birthday." :) I'm going Wednesday to get it done, and I can't wait.
Saturday, the 21st, we had kind of a lazy morning around the house since we woke up to gray skies and rain - boo. Keith made me a ham and cheese omelet with bacon, toast, and o.j. for breakfast. He also got me a dozen champagne colored roses. Anne Elyse made me several homemade cards. I also got some cards in the mail and you gotta love facebook for being able to get Happy Birthday wishes from your friends all over the world. Got some phone calls from my bro, my sis, and my brother-in-law Shane. Anne Elyse and I decided to hit the mall for some girls time - just her and I went (her birthday is on Wednesday). We got her ears pierced (more on that later)! It was a good time. She was patient while I tried on some clothes and ended up getting a couple things. We picked up pizza for dinner, and then had a sitter come over so Keith and I could attend the Saturday evening session of our stake conference. Elder Bennett of the seventy (Brenley's dad) spoke and also Elder Anderson of the quorum of the 12. I enjoyed their talks and they both have a fun sense of humor. Elder Anderson talked a lot about how we will not become perfect in this life but that it's important that we just keep moving forward a little bit at a time and that if we do this, by the end of our lives, our life will have become acceptable to the Lord. He said it's normal for all of us at some time to doubt things and wonder, "Am I really sealed for eternity to my family?" "Is the church REALLY true?" He said those are all normal things to wonder but that as we cling to our covenants and press forward, by the end of our lives, we will have had success. I liked that. He also told some neat stories that I wont' bore you with, but it was an uplifting night. A perfect way to end a birthday.
1 comment:
Katrina Fuller with gray hair?? No way, I don't believe it. You look just the same as you did at Ricks--Beautiful, inside and out!
Post a Comment