Monday, November 12, 2012

My Birthday Weekend

Wait, how old am I?  Ever since I hit about 30, I seriously can never remember how old I am.  I just had to calculate if I was 34 or 35.  35 it is.  Here's a nothing special, plain ol' snapshot of me blowing out my candles on my cake this year.  Seeing Tori in this picture reminded me how she had a horrible cold - runny nose, etc. and how she sneezed ALL OVER the cake right after this picture was taken.  Of course everybody immediately said, "Ewww!!"  She then burst into tears.  It was so sad!  Poor baby girl.  Mommy had a piece anyway. What's a little snot?

My birthday was on a Monday this year.  That weekend, Keith's brother Shane and his girlfriend Kay drove up from Utah for a visit and to get our horses Buddy and Lacey.  We had decided they were just a lot of work and expense, but we didn't have the heart to "sell" them, so Shane offered to come get them and take care of them.  They are currently living it up in Park City with plenty of pasture and fancy stalls to keep them warm at night.  We sure do miss them though.  We got to see them when we went to Utah in July.  Anyway, Shane and Kay ended up staying longer than planned since his truck had some issues about halfway up Snoqualmie Pass on their return trip, and they had to head back to Seattle for repairs.  Long story short, they were here from about Thursday to Tuesday.  Shane treated us to a delicious dinner (adults only) at Salty's in Redondo Beach on Saturday.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  The best seafood ever!  On Sunday my parent's came down for dinner and we had cake and ice cream.  Monday was my actual birthday and Keith happened to have the day off work.  Let's just say, he kind of "forgot" it was my birthday because we "already celebrated."  So, the day started off kinda rough. :)  But in the end, he brought me some flowers, and we had a nice dinner just us and the kids at Los Pinos that night.


Kay brought her little dog, Georgie, with her.  Tori was IN LOVE with that thing.  How cute is this picture?!

No comments: