Ouma and Daddo (Keith's mom and her husband) were in town from New York for Austin's birthday this year - that was a fun treat! We spent Friday, the 27th up at Paradise at Mt. Rainier (minus daddy...he had to work...boo). On the drive up you could see it was clear at the summit, but but shortly after we got there, the fog rolled in and it was pretty cloudy, so Ouma and Daddo only got a quick glimpse of the majestic mountain, but at least they got to see it. Once there, we ate our yummy lunch at the picnic tables (with chipmunks begging for morsels) and then did about a 3 mi hike, even Tori walked most of the way on her own. Grandpa Henderson would be proud. :) I can never take enough pictures of all the Alpine flowers. It's so beautiful up there. No wonder it's called Paradise.
Tori resting at the lodge and looking tired after her hike. I didn't come very prepared. All the kids were wearing sandals or flip flops. She did fall down and skinned her knee. Our Eagle Scout Daddy wasn't happy with me that I let the kids hike in sandals. :)
The next day, Austin's actual birthday, the 28th, all of us went out on Papa and Grandma's boat on Lake Washington and had dinner at Ivar's on Elliot Bay. Afterwards we had cake, ice cream, and presents at my parent's house. I forgot my camera - duh!! So thanks to my mom for sending me these pics.
Keith and his mom.
Present from mom and dad: new motocross boots!



1 comment:
I have to say that if I had to guess I'd say it was April not the end of July by everyone's clothing! I can't believe he's 10!
Post a Comment