

Today I turn 31! I thought it would be fun to look up some facts about "May 21" and the year "1977." Apparently, Mr. T and I share a birthday (not the same year of course), and in 1977 a first-class stamp was 13 cents, Star Wars hit the box office, Elvis Presley died, and Saturday Night Fever was the most popular soundtrack (hence the music on my blog).
Thank you to my friends and family who've helped make this a special birthday for me. Sunday we had a delicious steak dinner at my parents house, and my mom got me one of my favorite cakes - the chocolate with raspberry filling from QFC. My brother and his wife gave me a beautiful bouquet of tulips (my favorite), and my mom gave me a bouquet of purple lilacs (one of my favorite colors) with some yellow Gerber daisies, along with some money to go shopping. My sis gave me a pedicure (which I'm going to get tomorrow afternoon). My dear friend Adrian sent me a sweet card and some pretty earrings she made herself. My aunt Julie sent me an awesome "oil cloth" bag that will be perfect for the beach or pool this summer, and my Grandma sent me a card with money as well.
I started my day off attending Austin's I.E.P. meeting at the school (never a very fun thing, but I feel pretty good about his placement for next year), and I've actually spent my afternoon shopping for items for Anne Elyse's birthday party on Saturday. However, mom and dad are going to take me and the kids to La Palmera in Mill Creek for dinner tonight since Keith is out of town. Oh, and my present from Keith is going to be two hens that I want, with a coop in the backyard that he is going to build. He and I are also going out to dinner Friday night, just the two of us. I may pick Perry Co's (Chinese in Bellevue), even though he hates Chinese, but sorry, dear, I'm really craving it!
The picture is of me on my first birthday (yes that's a See'n Say I'm getting) and my first birthday cake. You know what, mom, I think now 31 years later I finally appreciate that horse birthday cake. That looks like a lot of work! Anne Elyse's party on Saturday is a "pony" party, and I was going to make this really cute horse cake (and I've made a lot of the kids' cakes in the past), but I was like, nope I'm just going to let Haggen's make it! :)
Thank you all, I feel loved! :)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday! Your baby picture looks so much like Anne Elyse.
Happy Birthday one day late. I really enjoy all of your posts. You are amazing in all that you do! Wish we were closer! XXOO
So how was the pedi the other night? I wanted one so bad while i was in Coeur D'Alene but all Donavon wanted to do was go play I needed to relax.... isnt that was "vacation" is for?
Happy Birthday Katrina!! Your blog is so much fun, it's very inspiring. I feel like a crappy friend for missing your birthday, but I don't think I've ever remembered and we're still friends...right...???
Happy Birthday! Both our husbands hate Chinese and we love it. That's just not right! If we ever get out there -you and I can go for Chinese and we'll leave the boys home with the kids! We can dream right?
Post a Comment