Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Baby Girl Is 4!


The third week of May is all about birthdays around our house, with mine on the 21st and Anne Elyse's just four days later on the 25th.

On Saturday, we had a "Magical Pony Party." We invited a few of her little friends from school and had family over to celebrate. We started the party off with a "hay hunt." I purchased some hay from the local co-op and then hid candy and toys inside, which the kids had to find. We also had one of our horses, Lacey, come over to the backyard! The kids got to feed her treats and pet her. After our preschool friends left, Anne Elyse got to ride the horse (I really would've liked to give the other kids a ride, but I figured too much of a liability issue), Austin rode with baby Jack, even mommy took a trot around the yard. Auntie Stevie steered clear, since she is deathly afraid of horses! As the kids were at the dining room table eating their cake and ice cream, we took the screen off the window, and Lacey poked her head in to join in the festivities! It was a fun time, and the weather was fabulous. Anne Elyse got a lot of loot, but I think her favorite is the Barbies. These were her first ones, and she's been playing with them ever since, even slept with them the first night and then was up at 5:30 a.m. the next day to play with them!

7 comments:

Momma Strain said...

I'd say she had quite the party! So I take it the 30 preschoolers that didnt rsvp didnt show up. her hair looks like its growing back too, its cute. wish we could have been there :( donavon asked if you were bringing the horses camping and i was like uhmm probably not since its not really THAT kind of camping... :) my camping and his camping are polar opposites.

Rachael Case said...

Happy Birthday Anne Elyse! I can't believe she is 4! I remember when she was just a tiny peanut. Her pony party sounds awesome!

carla said...

Wow! What an awesome party. Happy Birthday Anne Elyse! :)

WendyJ said...

Happy birthday to you both. How fun to have all those animals.

We're finally settled into our new house here in Seattle, so we'll have to meet up sometime.

Becky said...

Sounds like a very fun party! She is so adorable Katrina. Your blog is part of what got me into doing our blog, so thank you! I love checking up and seeing what you're up to. How are the chickens btw?

Alisha said...

What a great day for Anne Elyse. We miss you guys! Happy Birthday to you too. I hope to talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to both of you cute girls! Sounds like you have a fun little farm going on there!