Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Not Rocket Science

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that if I haven't spent much time on the computer lately because it makes me nauseated; I'm 7 lbs. heavier than I was 5 weeks ago and my pants don't fit anymore; I'm asleep by 9 p.m., sometimes 8 p.m. every night; I can't bring myself to eat anything but toast on some days and then the next day I'm driving across town to Burgermaster, because if I don't have a bacon cheeseburger and a chocolate milkshake RIGHT NOW I'm going to perish; I'm buying weird things at the grocery store like corn dogs and cherry pie, which might not seem so weird except normally I really don't care for either; I've been sporting some cute little "sea bands"; and if I'm not feeling like I'm going to barf, watch out, because I'll probably bite your head off; I've been having psycho dreams like Simon Cowell from American Idol is somehow really the father of my baby, then I must be...PREGNANT.


Due date: sometime around Halloween/First week of November, which means I'm just about 10-11 weeks (waiting for an ultrasound to have a more definite date). We told the kids the news on Easter, and Austin and Anne Elyse got big grins on their faces, so I think that means they're excited! Tyler is too young to really understand at this point...maybe once my belly gets bigger he will take more of an interest.


We waited to tell the kids, because 1) once they knew, the whole world was going to know - for example, Austin didn't even wait until my parents had come in the house and sat down last night before he's whispering in Grandma's ear: "My mom is going to have a baby." Secondly, I kind of knew that Austin, being the very curious and inquisitive child he is, would be asking a lot of questions! He said yesterday, "I know that babies don't come out of your mouth." That led to a very frank discussion about the function of the uterus.


I've either forgotten how miserable the first trimester can be, or this has been an especially hard pregnancy. Personally, I think I'm just getting too old for this baby making business. At this point, I'm thinking the 3rd trimester will be easier than the 1st, but I doubt I'll be saying that come August. I'm just trying not to agonize over the weight gain (especially since I'd been working my butt off at the gym and lost nearly 10 lbs.), since I know I'll be another 30 lbs. heavier in 6 months. Nevertheless, I'm very grateful to be pregnant and have another baby. I'm also trying to enjoy it, despite feeling crummy, because this is definitely my last pregnancy. And, yes, that is official! :) Also, I'm thinking I'm really going to get to enjoy this baby, since there is such an age gap between Tyler and this little person (Tyler will have just turned 4). I had 3 babies in 3 years, and a lot of times I think the whole thing is just a blur! So, I am hoping to really enjoy things this time around!


We are also hoping to even out the score by having another girl, but the kids keep saying it's going to be a boy. Even Anne Elyse is saying this, and my theory is she wants to keep her "only girl" status so that she can be spoiled. :) Keith thinks it's a girl, and he's been right every time so far, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I'm figuring we'll get to find out what it is around the end of June. I have my first Dr. appointment tomorrow and will hopefully get to hear the heartbeat!

20 comments:

carla said...

congratulations!!! and i hope you feel better soon.

Carrie Fowler said...

Congratulations ! How exciting !

Momma Strain said...

LOL I dunno how you come up with things to tell Austin! He's got such a profound curiosity about everything and is so quick to ask! Did he tell everyone t school what a uterus is? :) sorry you're feeling so crappy! haveb you tried preggie pops? its ginger candy, supposed to help w/ that. they sell them at motherhood maternity. and ps - the bella band is a MUST for the in between "im fat" and "im preggers" stage. they sell a cheaper version at motherhood too.

Momma Strain said...

oh yeah, you should go do one of those ultrasounds early and find out the sex! i was 15 weeks when i found out Issac was a boy! it was sooooo worth the $75!!! I got to watch him wiggle around for about 30 min while the guy took a TON of pictures and video. unlike the doc where its 'wham bam thank you ma'am here is your picture see ya next trimester!'

britni jean said...

katrina! wow!! congratulations!! i'm sorry that you aren't feeling well, i hate that part. but i'm excited to hear your exciting news and what a fun way to tell everyone.

Meagan said...

Well well well...CONGRATULATIONS are in order!!! We still need to see you guys while we're up here...on a day you're feeling good, give me a holler and we'll meet you somewhere for a play date. And in the meantime, I hope you start feeling better soon... :)

Brandi said...

Terrific news! I have to say that I was wondering where the heck you've been lately, but didn't know it was because you were prego. Just thought you were busy. Congratulations!!! I was sick through the entire pregnancy with both of my girls. Thank heavens for Zofran! Anyway, feel better and get lots of rest. And, since your kids are older they'll be tons of help when the baby comes! :)

WendyJ said...

Congratulations! I hope you're not sick the whole time. I think you'll love having 4. Our #4 has been the most enjoyable for many reasons. But prepare yourself for unwanted stares and comments. For some reason 4 is mind boggling to Seattlites.

Jenni said...

Congratulations! At least you are getting close to the end of the 1st trimester.....things will get better. It is nice when you have a gap between the kids. Carson and Isaac are 3 1/2 years a part and that was so much better than 2 years. Can't wait....:)

Monica said...

KATRINA!!! Congrats my friend! Another baby added to the Fuller-grandkid bunch. You must be so excited. I laughed out loud when I was reading about AE secretly wanting to be the only girl - I know how that goes! :) Hope to see you soon! xo!

Kathy Rose said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting. During this pregnancy I thought that there was no way the 3rd trimester could be worse than the 1st....well, right now I'm thinking that the 3rd is by far the worst. :) LOL. I guess it's a toss up. They both stink!! But congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats... that is AWESOME!!

Rachel said...

Exciting news! Wish you were feeling better! Hang in there! XXOO

Becky said...

yay Katrina!!! That's great news. How exciting for the kids too. Sorry you haven't been feeling that great, hopefully it will pass soon. I have been meaning to tell you that your sugar cookie recipe is awesome. They were perfect. I will be using that one again!

Rachael Case said...

Congratulations Katrina! That is so exciting! I can just picture Austin asking all kinds of questions, he's so funny like that. Hope you feel better.

Sina said...

CONGRATS TO YOU AND KEITH! Hope you get to feeling better soon! The whole pregnancy sickness being called morning sickness is such bull!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Yeah congrats to you and your family! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Hang in their for the first trimester. I remember all too well and thought it would never end, but then the second trimester gratefully came! Congrats again!

Carrie said...

I'm so happy for you guys Katrina!! This is wonderful news!! Miss ya.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Great news. Hope you start feeling better soon.