Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas 2009

(Author's note: I started this post a month ago, but didn't quite get it finished. By now, Christmas is a distant memory...so glad I wrote this down when I did or I would've forgotten half of it)!

I spent Christmas Eve Day making these delicious rolls: It's the Lion House recipe that I got from a friend in the ward. They turned out fabulous. I also made Cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning with the same recipe, and they were yum!
Around 3:30 p.m. we headed over to my parent's house for a Christmas Eve dinner of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade rolls, Marilyn's salad, and pies for dessert. I wonder how many calories are in a dinner like that?!


The kids got to open new pajamas from great Grandma Henderson, and Anne Elyse got a new "snugs" too. I saw this at a craft fair, and it's so much like the one she's had since she was a baby (that is now falling apart and in rags), that I had to get it.

The kids busy Christmas morning checking out their stockings:
From Santa, Austin got the huge Nerf gun, Anne Elyse roller skates, Tyler a T-rex dinosaur, Tori a Bumbo, and the big gift from mom and dad was "Surprise, we're getting a puppy!" We wrapped up the dog's gear: collar, bed, etc. and had them open them. We said, "Why do you think mom and dad got this stuff?" Austin goes, "Just in case we get another dog SOMEday." They were pretty excited that that SOMEday was TODAY. Thanks also to Ouma and Daddo, and Oupa and Grandma Sue who sent packages from New York.

After presents, we headed over to my brother's house for brunch and more presents!

Austin got a new bike from Papa and Grandma and Tyler a scooter, so we all went outside to watch them ride for awhile. It was a gorgeous sunny day.

After brunch Papa and Grandma went with us to go see Ruger. Apparently they fell so in love with the sight of those puppies, the next week they went out and got a new puppy too (pictures forthcoming). His name is Clive. He is two weeks older than Ruger and he's a yellow lab.
Cute baby dogs!
We had a busy (and exhausting) Christmas, but truly BLESSED, and Him whom we celebrate is the reason we have so much happiness and blessings in our lives. As a parent, it's so fun to see the excitement from the kids. I honestly could care less what I get, it's all about the kids and seeing how much fun it is for them. Austin said, "This is the best day of my life." I guess "Santa" must have done a good job this year! :)

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I need the recipe for those rolls they look SO YUMMY! Yellow lab now huh, can't wait to see what gets destroyed :) I would have sent you Cali for free!

Rachel said...

Yummy rolls! Fill us in on "Marilyn's salad" XXOO

Anonymous said...

You MUST share the recipe!!!! Your Christmas looked as fun and crazy as ours :)