
or at least a few good thoughts sent our way. Keith and I put an offer on this house last week, and it was accepted! We are officially in escrow now, but the one thing I am a bit nervous about is the appraisal. The county has this house assessed about $47,000 less than what we are trying to buy it for. I know county appraisals tend to be on the low side, but this seems really low to me, and obviously the bank won't lend you money for more than a house is worth, nor would we want to buy it for more than it is worth. We are really hoping it works out. We have spent the last 6 months searching for houses, looking at a lot, and only liking very few (we put an offer on a house in Lake Stevens and were out-bid). Keith absolutely does not want to live in a neighborhood anymore, which I am O.K. with too, however it really narrows down our options around here. I really would like a little land to call my own as well. This house has 1.23 acres. The down side is that it's in Orting, which is currently about 2 hours south of where we live now and a lot farther away from most of our family here in Washington. Although, the commute for Keith would be about the same, and it's actually closer to where he goes to school. The good thing is, we really love the town. It's one of the oldest cities in Washington and has all the cool, old buildings along Main Street. It's also located right in the shadow of Mt. Rainier and the views are gorgeous! I think I will be pretty disappointed if this doesn't work out, but we feel pretty good about it and have tried to be prayerful about the whole process. So, if everything goes as planned, we are set to close April 21 and will move Saturday, April 24 (our 12 year anniversary)! We really love the house - it reminds us of the "northwest" version of the house we owned in New York!
9 comments:
Shari's aunt lived in Orting and they loved it, cute house! good luck!
That house is gorgeous! I've heard of Orting, I think. Anyway, good luck and I hope all works out.
I hope it works out; it looks like a beautiful home. Good luck!
Love the house and the new look on the blog. I always enjoy your playlist. You are on our prayer list.
Love the house.....sounds like a wonderful place and I will be thinking good thoughts for you that it all works out....if the appraisal doesn't come in doesn't that mean they just need to lower the price? Fun to see your blog..
OK....the Melissa comment is really Gloria!! I was sure I signed in as me but she must be signed in.......go figure!!!
I will be praying too!!!
I just added you to my prayer chain gang :) It looks amazing. I can't wait to see pics of the inside and what your creative little mind does with it.
You have been blogging up a storm! Ruger is so adorable.MMM. Makes me want to clench my teeth together and SNIFF...something an old roomie taught me YEARS ago... ha ha. The house is gorgeous! good luck!
Post a Comment