
Thanksgiving week we had a lot of snow - very unusual for this time of year. We had about 8 inches at our house. The kids ended up getting the WHOLE week off school instead of just Thursday and Friday. I actually didn't mind too much, since my sister was in town, and we didn't have to worry about the school schedule. Keith was also home Tuesday and Wednesday, because we
couldn't get off our hill, so it was a nice treat having him home ALL week, even though I'm paying for it on this week's paycheck. One thing I DID mind though, was that our power went out for about 30 hours starting Tuesday around 5 p.m. (just as I was starting to make dinner) and didn't come back on until Wednesday night around 9:30 p.m. Even though we have our fabulous fireplace to help keep things warm, obviously the blower doesn't work when the power is out, and when it's 15 degrees outside, the house can only keep so warm. Also, since we're on a well system for our water, if there's no power, there's also no water. It was pretty much a no-
brainer to take the kids Wednesday morning and head up to my parent's house. Keith stayed home to get the thing-a-ma-jig hooked up to the house so we could run the generator. Of course, by the time he got it all wired into the house, he said he had the generator running for about an hour and then the power came back on. At least it's all ready to go the next time. We've already had two power outages here this Fall, so I'm sure there will be more to come before the winter's over.
It was Tori (and Ruger's) first time in the snow!


Tori loved looking out the window at all the "white stuff." You could tell she was thinking, "What IS this?"

We enjoyed our Thanksgiving feast at my brother's house this year. It was great to be with all my siblings and my parents. We decided that was the first we'd ALL been together for Thanksgiving since 2002!!
Baby girl partaking of her first feast:
Just had to post these cute Turkey's made by Austin and Anne Elyse:


If there was one thing this snowstorm did, it was put me in the MOOD for Christmas. I've already got my mantle decorated, and we're going to get our tree tomorrow after Keith gets home from work. I
love this time of the year!

No comments:
Post a Comment