Thursday, January 27, 2011

For Memories' Sake

My children are growing up and changing, and though it's exciting for me, it also pains my heart, because it seems to be happening too darn fast. It also doesn't help me feel any younger, which is a hard one for me to swallow lately. In the last couple of years I have started to feel (and I think look) old! There are daily evidences that remind me of this: this week I'm officially done nursing Tori and all her bottles have been thrown out and replaced by sippy cups, Austin can beat me in arm wrestling now, Anne Elyse is a jump rope star and singing rhymes such as, "Ice cream, ice cream cherries on top, who is your boyfriend? I forgot!" and Austin, when I asked him how do you spell hottest (one of his spelling words), he replies with, "She is the hottest girl in school." Sometimes I wish I could go back to this:




BUT maybe just for a day {smile}, because when they were this little, and I had 3 babies in 3 years, it was seriously the hardest time in my life, because it was so much work and so exhausting physically and emotionally. Look how cute they were {and still are}! Tyler was the cutest baby, and I think my chunkiest even though he was born 1 month early.

Date: February 2006

Location: Rochester, New York

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't know if it will make you feel any better but I've decided that I might be "enjoying" Emi and Abby's teenage years (well Abby is almost a teenager) even more than I enjoyed their "little" years...makes me more excited for my current "littles" to get a little older. Rob concurs so it isn't just cause my oldest are girls...xxoo

Becky said...

We have lots of friends turning 40 and Ethan will be in middle school in 2 1/2 years... what the...
It is weird, isn't it, but lots to look forward to! I love your memory blogs, good idea! I wish I could have started a blog when we got married, but they didn't exist yet... oh yeah, that just confirmed that I am ancient:)

Lauralee said...

love your photo on the top.. I am looking for you email.. I don't have it, I will fb you.

WendyJ said...

I'm pretty sure I was your VT during that time period. I always wondered how you could possibly manage kids so close in age, and then I went and tried it myself. The first year with a newborn and a 1 yr. old are rough.

Momma Strain said...

LOL I love this post! So sweet and naive when they are babies. Babies arent supposed to talk about boyfriends and the hottest girl in school! And you arent the only one feeling the old lately. Seeing all these kids grow up makes me feel old too!