Friday, September 5, 2008

Hydrangeas

It's that time of year when the hydrangea blooms are at their peak. The weather in Western Washington is a perfect climate for growing these beautiful bushes. These were cut from my mom's yard and were used as decorations at our Enrichment activity last night. She actually has a couple of bushes in her yard that were used at my wedding reception and then planted in her yard afterward. Ten years later, they are now quite large bushes. Aren't they beautiful and inspiring? So much that my aunt Julie, who is a very talented artist, painted this picture of my mom's flowers. This picture hangs in my entry-way...

8 comments:

Alisha said...

They are so beautiful. I miss my hydrangeas!

Heidi said...

Oh my Gosh! They are gorgeous! I go around every year collecting different colors of hydrangeas to dry for my house and to give as gifts. I'm looking for the beautiful purple and burgandy ones. I would love some if you have any extras! Do you know anyone in the ward that has some??

Rachel said...

Beautiful! Definately don't look like that in Utah. If you are lucky you might get one or two white, or pale, pale colored ones in a season...again, if you are lucky!

Becky said...

I love hydrageas, I thought those were silk before I read the rest. They're gorgeous!

Jenni said...

Beautiful! I only got one large light pink one on my bush this year. Too dry here for them to do that good.

WendyJ said...

Those are so beautiful. The diversity, beauty and lushness of plants grown here in WA still surprises me.

Momma Strain said...

ugh i wish they would grow in utah... i love them!

Gloria said...

Beatutiful flowers and painting! They are my favorite too but not to be found (at least like that)here in the Rocky Mountains!