Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tagging

I've been tagged by my friend Jessica. I've been tagged before but have never responded, so I guess you could say I'm not very good at this game or have not thought myself interesting enough to give answers worth reading! I don't want to be a poor sport again, so here goes:

Here's the rules for this tag:
1: Each player starts with 8 random habits/facts about themselves.
2: People who are tagged need to write a post on their blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3: At the end of the post you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.

I have a nervous habit: I don't bite my nails, but I click them between my teeth. Keith can't stand the sound it makes (actually the only person I've met whom it doesn't drive crazy is my old college roommate, Becky).

When I was 14, I contracted the e.coli bacteria from a sketchy hamburger I had at Seafair. This was the really BAD kind of bacteria that makes you violently ill. To this day, I say having that illness was worse than childbirth. I lost so much weight, my girls camp counselor approached my mom suspecting I was anorexic! I wish somebody would accuse me of that now.

I won my class spelling bee when I was in 3rd grade, and I've been accused by some of being the "Grammar Nazi." Just ask my sister how many times I corrected her wording/punctuation on her wedding announcement.

I have to have a clean house before I go out of town or on vacation. I've totally turned into my mother on this one. It used to drive me crazy when I was a kid that she would obsess over the house before we could go on vacation. She'd still be vacuuming, and we'd all be packed and waiting in the car. :) But I must say, it's so nice to come home to a clean house.

The first date I went on with Keith when we were teenagers, he wore cowboy boots so he would be taller than me. I thought it was totally hokey. Thank goodness he grew some on his mission, and now we're the exact same height! By the way, he actually prayed to grow when he was on his mission. Guess he must have been a good little missionary if the Lord granted him his wish. (O.K, that was really a fact about HIM not me...hope he doesn't mind).

I had three babies in three years. Hey, that's an accomplishment worth posting!

I'm secretly addicted to facebook and blogging (Maybe that's not such a secret).

I once set off the fire alarm in the building I worked in, because I was making microwave popcorn and burnt it. The whole building had to evacuate and the fire department came (sirens and all). That sounds like an episode of The Office!

I tag: Eleasa, Jenn, Becky, Kathy, Carla, Alicia, Meagan, & Rachel!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a great sport! I'm usually not good at doing these "tagged" things either. And I think you are very interesting. :-)

carla said...

your last one made me almost pee my pants. thank you for the awesome post. you are great.
p.s. i should have told ruben to pray while he was on his mission that he would grow too. :)

Momma Strain said...

Grammar Nazi...

I had a good laugh about all of us sitting in the car ready to go and mom in the house vacuuming her way out the door. LOL, and the sad thing is, I'm the same way now and Donavon doesnt get it! But I agree, it feels so much nicer to come home to a clean house!

And Becky must be deaf or just sick, I HATE that sound!!! ugh!!!!

Alisha said...

Thanks for tagging me, I think. I'm going to pull the "that's not how you spell my name" if I don't get it done :) My favorite thing about your blog our your kids quotes. You can add me to the list of the nails thing not bothering me because I do that too. I should save that for my turn, if that's me :)

Brandi said...

You're still the same old cute cute cute Katrina! A few of your facts are true about me too--grammar/spelling nazi, clean house before vacation, and I'm so new to facebook and blogging, but I'm getting addicted already. I laughed that you set off the fire alarm at your old job! The quotes from your kids are hilarious!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Becky said...

Yeah, I remember that nail between your teeth thing, ha ha. That's so funny that Keith grew while he was on his mission! Wish Curtis had that blessing!! I think I'm going to develop the talent of typing w/ one hand while nursing pretty quick.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the tag! I promise I'll get to it ASAP...