My aunt Catherine won a contest the University of Washington held to re-write their alma mater song! Here she is on KOMO news 4:
http://www.komonews.com/home/video/29684534.html?video=pop&t=a
She has a great talent for words. Here is a poem she wrote for me for my 18th birthday, shortly before I graduated from high school. She presented it to me along with some photos of my growing up years.
Katrina, you're grown
Way too quick, I might add.
Eighteen once seemed so far away.
And now here you are,
Soon to be on you own,
We'd like to wish you a happy birthday.
We witnessed you grow,
From infant to teen,
Helped tend you until about six.
Then again on occasion as your sibs came along,
And now you're off to college at Ricks.
No longer in need,
Of your parents full time,
Do you think that they'll break your plate?
Be sure to have fun but study as well,
Please don't marry the first Idahoan you date!
The memories here,
In these pictures for you,
Are remembrances kept for the eye.
In our hearts and our thoughts, we'll forever enjoy,
All the years as they've sped past,...Good bye.
Congrats, Catherine! I can't wait to hear the words of the new song!
8 comments:
Yay Katrina! You are great! I will forward your blog to her! xo
That was so fun to see! I forwarded the link to my siblings and parents. XXOO
Katrina, you are so sweet to still have that! Truth be told I'd totally forgotten about it :-) Thank you. It's a blessing to have you and your beautiful family back and so close! xoxo
That is awesome! How exciting for your aunt.
That's so cool. One of the neatest most memorable gifts I received when I graduated was a highlight video of all my great moments my senior year of high school. My friends dad made it for me and most of them were sports related. Gifts like that are truly priceless.
Love the poem! Cat really does have a gift for that...excited for the big release tonight! :)
Hey Katrina, I found your blog! You have the cutest kids. Ours is www.lothyanfam.blogspot.com take care!
Yes, I have heard Catherine's song and Craig and I thought she should team up with Conti and re-do our national anthem!
Post a Comment