Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wolf Spiders


Well, not only is it that time of year for beautiful hydrangeas but also for that of the lovely wolf spider! This little guy gave me quite the surprise this morning, as he was hanging out in my bathroom sink. Opposition in all things, right? He certainly isn't the biggest one I've ever seen, but he's the first I've seen in this house. Not to worry too much, they're not poisonous, although I'm sure they can bite. Aren't all spiders capable of biting? Of course after posing for his photo, his life was quickly terminated by a screaming lady with a wod of paper towel!

6 comments:

Alisha said...

Ahhh!!! Why do they always have to hide out in the bathroom where you least expect it. Yes they bite, just ask Matt :)

Meagan said...

Ew ew ew!! Spiders and cockroaches are my arch enemy....ugh. Thank goodness for pest control, cuz here in Vegas they ALL like to come inside to beat the heat.

Heidi said...

You are very brave to try and squash it! I don't dare, so I have to try and trap it under a container and wait for Jeff to get it! There's a mean guy just taunting me underneath our couch in the living room, and I can't get it before it quickly crawls underneath again. Thus, none of the kids dare sit there anymore! I HATE spiders!

Jenni said...

Yikes! I don't like spiders either. I just killed on at the dance studio today as it came running towards me while I was nursing.

Momma Strain said...

uhm better than the freaking 3 black widows i've found in my house in the last week!!! i hate spiders but i have to admit the black widows REALLY gross me out. they look more like the black plastic halloween spideys. YUCK! id take the wolf spideys hands down.

Anonymous said...

That's one nasty spider. I especially hate those ones with some body to them...you can actually hear them crunch. I shiver long after they're dead!