Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Little Rest for The Weary

Last weekend I flew the coop and headed to Salt Lake ALL BY MYSELF to see my sister and my new nephew Issac. I don't know why it's taken me six years to do something like this, but it was a great getaway. Of course, Keith and I have gone away without the kids, but I've never done it ALL BY MYSELF (did I already mention that?) Thanks to my cousin Monica who watched the kids Friday so Keith could sleep (he got home at 4 a.m. Friday after working 24 hours straight). Daddy took over Friday night to Sunday night. Sounds like they managed pretty well. I even came home to a clean house with the huge pile of clean laundry I had left all folded and put away. I'm still trying to figure out if he was doing it to be a nice hubby or if he's really trying to say, "See it's not that hard." I'm hoping for the first. :) Anyway, I flew in Friday morning and met up with my parents who had flown in a few days before. We went to the distribution center (a must of course when you're in Mormontown). Then we went shopping for a dress for my sister to wear for their big day - her and her husband were sealed in the Jordan River Temple while I was there. That night we went to my nephew Jack's 2nd birthday party. I also got to meet up with my long-time friend Adrian for a little "girl's" time. All day Saturday was spent at the temple, then afterwards we had a family luncheon and they also blessed baby Issac. I was so glad to be there at the temple and see little Issac sealed to his parents. It was so fun to see and visit with a lot of extended family and do what I wanted when I wanted and even take a NAP...what is that?? It was heavenly. I'm definitely doing this again! I was ready to come home to the kiddos and felt refreshed, like I was up to tackling mommyhood again. It really is amazing what a few days away can do!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm jealous, I would love to go stay with my sister and family down there again, BY MYSELF! How fun! It's hard coming back though!

Alisha said...

Ahh! Alone time. What a great weekend you had. Such a spiritual one too! Congrats to everybody.

Alycia said...

I'm glad you got a break! It sounds like you had fun and your nephews are adorable!

carla said...

how fun!! yeah, for you. every time my husband is alone, he manages to have a clean house and do everything that i can't do. it really gets on my nerves. and for him, it does mean, see it's not that hard. i used to feel bad, but now i don't. i'm just glad he does it.

Meagan said...

Looks like you had a blast! Nothing better than a weekend to relax so you can go back to mom-hood refreshed and ready to tackle the daily grind. Glad you had fun!

Momma Strain said...

hey you want to send me your pictures from that weekend? some of mine are blury from the quality of my camera. i think that is on the top of my xmas list now!

Becky said...

Yay! I've been looking forward to hearing about your trip. I'm glad that you got to get away and spend time with your sister!

Gloria said...

It was a great weekend and we so enjoyed being able to spend time with you and your family. Any time you want a break you know where to find a spare bedroom!