Austin is on early dismissal this week from school, so we made an appointment this afternoon with Papa to go visit his fire station. My dad works for Shoreline Fire Department, so the kids get to go play on the fire trucks and medics pretty much anytime they want, but we hadn't been for awhile. I think it had been about year since I'd been there. Austin gets to go with Papa sometimes when he spends the night at Papa and Grandma's house. This summer he got to go for a little ride in one of the medics with Papa. I'm pretty sure they think they have the coolest Papa ever!
Then we went to Mickey D's for an ice cream cone.
Since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped by Evergreen Washelli cemetery to visit Grandpa Henderson's grave site. I hadn't been there since we moved here, and I don't think the kids had ever been. I realized that I came kind of ill-prepared, since I ended up wiping down the headstone with a spare blanket we had in the back seat. I thought it would've been a cute idea to get a few mini pumpkins and have them each put one on the grave site, but there wasn't really a grocery store nearby, and my foot was bothering me quite a bit. We still enjoyed our time there and talked a little about where Grandpa Henderson is now. All in all, a fun afternoon!







6 comments:
ok thanks for making me cry
You get mega points for limping around and doing fun things!
What a great afternoon! Hope to see you soon - perhaps Sunday? xo
he is definitely one great grandpa!
Hi Katrina!
I'm so glad you found me on here! Glad you're here too! Your cookie monster cake is pretty dang cute! I might consider that for John's b-day next year! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Whenever I drive through Evanston, WY I have to visit my Gram's grave site. My kids think I'm weird for going to see the place with all the flat rocks. Oh well. One day they will understand! Give Keith a hello!
I think that's neat that you went to visit your grandpa's grave, and yes they do have a cool Pop.
Post a Comment