Monday, October 27, 2008

On The Job Injury

This goes to prove there are occupational hazards to motherhood. I wonder if they have Workman's Comp insurance for stay-at-home moms? I sprained my foot Saturday morning when I tripped on the Fisher Price barn. Keith says I'm just "heavy-footed." What is that supposed to mean? However, he may have a point. I did do the same thing to my right foot TWICE before, once when I was 8 months pregnant with Anne Elyse (it's no fun being on crutches and prego). Both times, I was simply coming down steps and twisted my ankle. The first time, I actually put a hairline fracture in my foot. That was my right foot. Now I've done it to my left, so what the heck is going on? I must have weak ankles or something or, Keith's theory, I'm just officially a klutz. This is particularly bad timing (is there ever a good time to sprain your foot?), because I've been on a great routine at the gym, and now I won't be able to do much of anything for the next couple of weeks. Limited mobility + Halloween = fat. I guess I will just have to cut back on the candy since I won't be able to work it off. That's a depressing thought...I think I need a piece of candy!




8 comments:

Brandi said...

Poor Katrina! That must be painful. You're not the only klutz, I've probably sprained my ankles a dozen times and I give my shoulders huge bruises when I run into the door frames. :0

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I hope your foot/ankle heals quick. I totally agree about being eligible for workman's comp or at least a little sick pay and time off. :)

Alisha said...

Ouchie! Or in Matt's words after he saw this "Damn!". I think Keith is crazy. Let him walk in toyland danger zone every day and see how many times he trips. I hope you feel better. You need to find a Pediatric Dentist who gives money for candy. Kendall came home from school yesterday with a letter from a local dentist who is giving a dollar for every pound of candy you turn in and a glow in the dark tooth brush. I bet he is praying someone eats a pound and he gets a few new patients out of it! I'll run an extra mile for you today :)

Kathy Rose said...

Like Brandi said, you're not the only klutz. I've also sprained my ankle (always my left) I don't know how many times.... I hope that it heals quickly! And I loved the tooth fairy visit from your last post. :) So funny!!

Momma Strain said...

nice cankles :) LOL joking, so it looks like you did it pretty bad. even though you might not be able to do a lot at the gym you can still lift weights. most of what i do at home doesnt require me to be standing, i sit on my exercise ball and do exercises with free weights.

Jenni said...

ouch! That looks like it hurts. Sorry to hear about your injury.

Becky said...

I curse those left out toys all the time! I tripped on the stairs today while carrying the vacuum up and the vacuum bounced down the stairs. nice big dents in the stairs and wall. And good job being the tooth fairy!

Stephanie said...

Ouch! Sorry about your ankle! You can keep working out...focus on arms, abs, and quads with weights! If that gets boring, combine arms and abs, or arms and quads...I can give you a list if you want!