Monday, January 28, 2008

A Beloved Prophet


Though I knew the day would come at some point in the near future, I was still unprepared for the news we received last night that President Hinckley had died. I cherish the wise counsel he has given to me in my life as I've heard him speak on numerous occasions in the 13 years he served as our prophet. He's been the prophet since I was a senior in high school and through my 20's, which for me, has been a time in my life where I've had to make a lot of important decisions regarding schooling, marriage and family. I will never forget when I was attending college at Ricks, he came to speak. I sat high in the bleachers in the auditorium, and as he entered the room, all stood, and I distinctly remember the Spirit impressing upon my mind and heart that this was a prophet of God. I feel a little as if I have lost a father figure, for I will miss his wise counsel and seeing and feeling of his dear, sweet spirit.

No comments: