
I'm excited, because I think I've made some headway in trying to figure out how I want to digital scrapbook. At first I was using Heritage Makers, but it's kind of pricey for the subscription, and when you download pages you've created with their super easy to use publishing system, the quality of the image is not that great. That's probably because they don't want you downloading the image, they want you to have it printed in one of their books (for way too much I might add). I also figured out that all of their really cute clip art, background pages, etc. comes from www.scrapgirls.com. So, I thought, "Why can't I just buy the clip art I want for a fraction of the price directly from scrapgirls?" I can, BUT I need to have software like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to create the pages with. Well, Photoshop is super expensive (like $800 I think), and Elements is still $80 at Costco. So, in doing a little more digging, I found a FREE software that is supposedly comparable to Photoshop. It's called GIMP. I downloaded it, and it seemed really hard to use - way over my head. BUT I found another website, http://www.scrapbooksgonedigital.com/ that has free tutorials on how to use the software. It's not that hard after all. So, I'm proud to say, here is my first, not-so exciting page (see above), but I'm feeling confident that I will soon be able to do more! Being that it's January 1 today, I have to give myself a little pat on the back for making progress towards one of my New Year's resolutions: learning how to digital scrapbook! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment