
I've seen this done before to black and white photos and have been wondering for awhile how to do it. Well, I did a little research and figured it out! Pretty cool, eh?
Here's how you do it: First, you need to have a photo editing software that supports layers, like Photoshop or Gimp (this is what I use, you can download it for free off the internet. It doesn't cost a million dollars like photoshop). You open your picture, then you make a "new layer" that is an exact copy of your original. The bottom layer stays color, and you change your top layer to black and white, usually by changing the "saturation" to zero. Then you take your "eraser" tool, and erase the object(s) where you want the color from the bottom layer to show through. Make sense?
4 comments:
how do you do it? or is it too hard to explain?
teach me! i did it in photography but i hand painted them. i did it with tulips too, then the stupid teacher lost them all. i was mad!
yeah we found eachother in blog world! your black and white pictures, with a splash of color are so cool, you will have to teach us all!
Ok...so fun! I'll have to try the free download stuff. And how random you put the pico recipe on there...I've been wanting one for the last few months!
Post a Comment